NavGuard™ Type II
MIL-PRF-81309G Type II (airframe and general purpose use)
M81309-A1 / Type II, class 1
NSN 8030-01-573-5154 (1 quart)
NSN 8030-01-573-5158 (1 gallon) now available!
NSN 8030-00-262-7358 (5 gallon) now available!
NSN 8030-00-524-9487 (55 gallon) now available!
Preventing corrosion of metals in aircraft, vehicles and structures is a critical priority for the military – especially in harsh environments where humidity, salt and heat can reduce metal parts to piles of rust and corrosion. Corrosion is difficult to detect and correct, and therefore prevention is usually the most cost-effective treatment. Applying corrosion preventive compounds (CPCs) into the internal spaces of airframes is effective in combating metal degradation. However, due to limited performance, traditional CPCs require repeated application during regular maintenance intervals.
NavGuard II provides high-performance, long-lasting, corrosion protection, without requiring repeated applications. This technology is also available with a mildew inhibitor additive (NavGuard I).
NavGuard II was developed to fulfill the need of the Navy for a longer lasting corrosion prevention film on Navy aircraft metal surfaces. In addition, the CPC film was found to last longer than most currently used CPC systems, which translates to fewer CPC treatments on aircraft, thereby reducing down time and maintenance costs and extending the lifecycle of aircraft.
NavGuard II was developed in accordance with MIL-PRF-81309 (Corrosion Preventive Compounds, Water Displacing, Ultra-Thin Film) and exceeds those specification requirements. For example, NavGuard II lasted three times longer than the 14-day neutral salt fog (ASTM B 117) requirements for aluminum panels. In side-by-side tests with other CPC products, NavGuard II outperformed commercially available competitors by a factor of three on aluminum and steel. This formulation performs equally well on other corrosion-sensitive surfaces. It has been tested successfully on aluminum, magnesium and ferrous alloy surfaces.
Unaffected by thermal expansion and mechanical movement – Won’t crack, sag, fatigue or peel
- Low build treatment won’t attract dust and dirt, won’t add significant weight to small aircraft, and doesn’t interfere with the ability to inspect internal surfaces
- Low viscosity formulation protects aircraft and automotive frames in harsh environments where humidity, salt and heat conspire to reduce metal parts to piles of oxides
- Unsurpassed high performance multi-metal protection – Combats degradation of ferrous metal, aluminum, magnesium and their alloys
- Long-lasting barrier protection with CP20™ reduces downtime, labor costs, and money
- Eliminates anodic and cathodic corrosion and shields against the slow diffusion of corrosive agents
- Low VOC formula contains no silicone, wax, or concerning heavy metals
- Commercial and private rolling, floating and flying stock
- Protecting manufactured metal products during transport and storage
- Maintain and protect industrial machinery such as lathes, mill machines, CNC equipment, etc.
- Military aircraft
- Naval ships
Download Product Documents