MIL-PRF-81309F Type III (avionics grade)
NSN 8030-01-600-1265 (12 oz. aerosol)
NSN 8030-01-600-1718 (1 quart)
NSN 8030-01-600-1719 (1 gallon)
Preventing corrosion of metals in aircraft, vehicles and structures is a critical priority for the military – especially in harsh environments where humidity, salt and heat can reduce metal parts to piles of rust. Corrosion is difficult to detect and correct, and therefore prevention is usually the most cost-effective treatment. Applying corrosion preventive compounds (CPCs) into the internal spaces of airframes is effective in combating metal degradation. However, due to limited performance, traditional CPCs require repeated application during regular maintenance intervals.
Navguard, provides high-performance, long-lasting, corrosion protection, without requiring repeated applications. This technology is also available with a mildew inhibitor additive.
Navguard was developed to fulfill the need of the Navy for a longer lasting corrosion prevention film on Navy aircraft metal surfaces. The compounds used for this CPC is environmentally benign and cost effective. In addition, the CPC film was found to last longer than most currently used CPC systems, which would translate to fewer CPC treatments on aircraft, thereby reducing down time and maintenance costs and extending the lifecycle of aircraft.
Navguard was developed in accordance with MIL-PRF-81309 (Corrosion Preventive Compounds, Water Displacing, Ultra-Thin Film) and exceeds those specification requirements. For example, Navguard lasted three times longer than the 14-day neutral salt fog (ASTM B 117) requirements for aluminum panels. In side-by-side tests with other CPC products, Navguard products outperformed commercially available competitors by a factor of three on aluminum and steel. This formulation is expected to perform equally well on other corrosion-sensitive surfaces. It has been tested successfully on aluminum, magnesium and ferrous alloy surfaces.
- Cost effective formulation from commercially available chemicals
- Foggable by using aerosolizing nozzle
- Low VOC content and environmentally friendly composition
- Compatible with metal and non-metal components
- A water displacing agent
- Extremely effective corrosion inhibitor for aluminum, magnesium and steel alloy surfaces
- Previously treated surfaces require no removal process
- Durable coating that provides long-term protection on multiple metal surfaces.
- Commercial and private marine and aircraft market
- Manufacturers of products with metallic based materials
- Automotive parts
- Machining and metal cutting business that could coat machined product to protect it while in transport to customers, possibly incorporate into cutting fluid
- Foundries, casting shops, mini mills that could coat product to protect it while transport to customer
- Used to maintain and protect industrial machinery such as lathes, mill machines, CNC equipment, etc.
- Military aircraft
- Naval ships